You may notice that the formatting for data in a report does not align with the column headers. Some values in the report match the column header, but others don't, and appear in a new row of data.
What Causes The Issue?
This problem is most commonly caused by a carriage return in one of the values, which gets the remaining data in the report to appear in the next row and disrupts the report format.
How To Fix The Issue
You can find the carriage return by checking where the break in the data row appears in the report.
- If the carriage return is within any value BUT URLs (ie. a keyword text):
- Create a report of these objects.
- Remove the carriage return.
- Re-upload them into the application.
- If the carriage return is within a URL, check to see if all URLs have this carriage return. If so, the carriage return may also reside in URL Builder. You can fix this by following these steps:
- Go to the Admin link in the upper-right and select the Revenue sub-tab.
- Click URL Builder in the left-hand menu, remove the carriage return in URL Builder and save.
- Once URL Builder has been updated, create a report of these objects.
- Re-upload them in the application. URL Builder will update with the correct URLs (without the carriage return).