You may find that the number of conversions in the platform is lower than expected. This error can occur due to various reasons. To troubleshoot, you will need to rely on the results column of the revenue file.
For more information please see our help article here.
Note: A guide to understanding the Status column in uploaded revenue files can be found in this Help article: A Guide to the 'Result' Column in Revenue Files.
If after reviewing these two articles, you are still unable to solve this issue, please reach out to our Customer Support team for further assistance.
What Causes The Issue?
This problem can occur when objects, for which rows in the revenue upload file fail, i.e. Keywords or Creatives didn’t exist in our platform at the time revenue for these items is uploaded. That means the revenue data is uploaded, but as some of the objects don't exist yet in the platform, the data cannot get uploaded against them.
How To Fix The Issue
It is possible that an automated synchronization process already synced the affected items into our platform after the revenue upload happened. If the items exist on the publisher, but are not available in our application yet, you can sync them in by performing a manual sync. Once the affected items exist within our platform, you can upload data for the items for which the revenue couldn’t get uploaded initially . To do so, please simply follow the steps below:
- Click the Admin link in the upper right to go to the Activity Log, then download the relevant revenue file.
- Open the revenue file in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet program.
- Filter for rows with Result = ‘Failed: No matches found’.
- If you have any fields that show #NAME in the Keyword column, do a FIND AND REPLACE and replace all '=' with single quote (').
- Delete the column labelled Result.
- Back in the Activity Log, click the Upload revenue link on the left, then choose the Add to existing revenue radio button.
- Paste your new values into the text box, or upload a Unicode TXT or CSV file with the prepared file (i.e which contains all rows which failed in the initial revenue upload.
- Click Process.
- Once the file has been processed, your conversion data should now appear accurately within the platform.