When running a report and using either the Show by week or Show by month view option, you may notice that the report includes data for days that you did not select.
For example, if a month ends in the middle of the week, your report may include data for the latter half of that week, even though it is not in the month you selected.
What Causes The Issue?
This is expected behavior. This occurs because of the Show by week/month option.
- If set to Show by week, each entry in the report will reflect a full reporting week. If your report date range ends in the middle of a reporting week, the Totals row will reflect this report date range, but an individual entry will still include data up to the end of the reporting week.
- To see the starting and ending days set for a full reporting week, go to Admin > Clients > click on the current client account you are in > view the Reporting Week field to see these values.
- If set to Show by month, each entry in the report will reflect a full month's data. If your report date range ends in the middle of the month, the Totals row will reflect this report date range, but an individual entry will still include a full month's worth of data.
How To Fix The Issue
If you do not want to see the extra dates in your report at all, you can change your Show data by option to Day for the specific report.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Reports link in the upper-right.
- In the Reports Templates sub-tab, click on the relevant report.
- Mouse over the component(s) of your report on the right of the screen, then click the Edit button that appears (‘pencil’ icon).
- In the Component Settings section, click the Show data by drop-down and choose Day.
- When you run your report, you will only see data for the chosen time period by day, but it will not be organized by reporting week/month.