What Is The Issue?
When using Facebook or Twitter with Marin Social, you might receive an email stating a variation of the following:
Warning your account token is expired
Please refresh it in the config / manage account
Facebook Account Id: 99999999999999
Facebook Account Name: 99999999999999 ( email@example.com )
You may also see an error message like this within the platform:
Warning, the associated token is no more valid: refresh it here
If this issue isn't addressed, the following can occur:
- Data discrepancies between Facebook or Twitter and Marin Social
- Autopause, Rules and Auto-bid will not work
- Inability to sync and change the status of your campaigns
What Causes The Issue?
These errors occur when the connection between Facebook or Twitter and Marin Social is no longer valid and needs to be refreshed.
How To Fix The Issue
Below we'll outline the various reasons and solutions for this issue.
The Account User Has Changed The Password
If this is the reason, follow these steps:
- Refresh your token by going into Config > Accounts.
Note: To refresh the token, you'll need to have Admin-level access for the account. If a user with a lower access level refreshes the token, some pages may be not be displayed in the list of pages.
- Click the refresh icon next to your expired Facebook Account. You’ll then be redirected to Facebook or Twitter and asked for your credentials.
- After this, you’ll be automatically redirected to Marin Social. There should be a green check next to your Facebook or Twitter account.
Invalid Funding Source
Please visit Facebook Business Manager to ensure your billing information is correct. Alternatively, contact your Facebook Account Manager.
Can’t Reach Facebook Or Twitter Servers
When the platform can’t reach Facebook or Twitter, it will automatically send you an expired token notification. Most of the time this is temporary, so no action is required.
If the problem persists, please don’t hesitate to contact your platform representative or our Customer Support team.