Marin’s Marketing Calendar integrates advertisers’ key Event dates with their cross-channel performance data. Charts with Event data enable quick and easy analysis of Event performance and streamlined reporting.
Why you need a Marketing Calendar
Customers who need to track and report on Performance segmented by Season, Promotion, or even competitors’ promotions can utilize the Marin Marketing Calendar to view their performance on Event dates.
Creating Calendar Events
- Navigate to Settings and click on “Calendar Events. This grid contains all customer- and client-level calendar events. Each Event day is a single row, and the Event Name, Category, and Description columns have general grid functionalities: filter / search / sort
- Create “Calendar Events” by selecting “Upload” and pasting Events in the Upload box in the following format:
- Date Format: YYYY-MM-DD (ISO 8601). e.g.: 2017-02-05
- Multiple Events on the same date should be entered as separate rows
- Use of periods in Event Name is not supported ie “vs.”
- Calendar Events must be unique ie the same row cannot be entered twice
Event Name Start Date End Date Category Description Client ID
Super Bowl 2017-02-05 2017-02-05 Sports NE vs Atlanta
Super Bowl 2018-02-04 2018-02-04 Sports Philadelphia vs NE
Modifying Calendar Events
If you need to change an event, please delete the event(s) and recreate with the updated information.
Reporting on Calendar Events
- Navigate to Account > History grid in the left navigation.
- Open the Column Selector and check Calendar Events in the Settings section (or use search).
- Multiple Events on the same date will be comma concatenate
- Client- and customer-level Events are displayed
- Event Description and Category are not displayed in History grid
- You can filter and sort on the Calendar Events column
- Export out Event history data via web query or csv
Check out our templates for common calendar events.
- Commas in Event Names is discouraged, use of periods is not supported
- We recommend keeping Event Names short, ideally 90 characters or less
- Future releases include Event Names as Labels on Charts
- Future releases include the capability to roll up data by Event Name and/or Category