If you'd like to link your Yandex accounts into the Marin Search platform, you can follow the steps listed below. If you'd like to learn more about our platform support for Yandex, please check out our dedicated article.
Note: Please reach out to your platform representative prior to linking in Yandex accounts.
How To Link Yandex Into Marin
Step 1 - Creating A Login For Marin
Reach out to your Yandex representative to create a new username and password for the Marin platform to use when accessing Yandex.
- This username should be Yandex-account specific, meaning that when logging into the Yandex interface using these credentials, Marin will be able to access a list of campaigns.
- For every Yandex account you are managing, the Marin platform will need a separate username and password.
- This username must have full write access in order to push updates from Marin to Yandex as well as API access.
Step 2 - Letting Marin Know To Update Your Account
Once you've finished with Step 1, reach out to your Marin account representative or the Marin Customer Support team to let them know you're about to link in a new Yandex account. Your Marin representative or the Customer Support agent will need to activate this functionality for your account on the back-end.
Step 3 - It's Linking Time
- From the Marin Search platform, navigate to the Publishers tab.
- Next, click on the Manage Accounts button.
- From the pop-up overlay, click the + Add Publisher Account button.
- Click Add Publisher.
- From the left-hand navigation, select Other as the applicable publisher. This will route you to Marin Search to continue the linking process. You may need to click Manage Accounts from here as well.
- You will need to fill in the following sections:
- Nickname for Account: Here you can give this account your preferred nickname. This is the name you will see displayed for this publisher account in Marin.
- Channel: Select Paid Search.
- Publisher Name: Here, you should enter Yandex.
- Currency: From the drop-down, please select the currency that is currently set up in Yandex Direct.
- Reporting Level: Keywords & Creatives
- Cost file has IDs?: Select the radio button for Yes, cost file will contain IDs for each object (campaign, group, keyword).
- Account ID: Here you should enter the Yandex publisher account ID, which you can grab directly from your Yandex account or ask your Yandex account representative to share this with you.
- Retrieve from Cost File: From the drop-down, select No Revenue or Conversion Data unless you are using Yandex Metrica for conversion tracking and would like this data to be uploaded to Marin.
- When all of the above information has been entered, click Save.
Step 4 - Fetching Access Token
- Log into Yandex using the credentials created for the Marin platform in Step 1. We recommend using an incognito window to avoid using your personal login credentials for these steps.
- Once you're in Yandex Direct, please open this URL.You can right click on the link and select Copy Link Address as a shortcut, then past this URL into your incognito window.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Copy this URL from your browser. This URL should contain the parameter access_token=THEVALUE.
Step 5 - Share New Details With Marin
Share the login credentials from Step 1 and the URL from Step 4 with your Marin account representative or Customer Support agent.
With the information provided to Marin in Step 5, we will create an internal escalation to update our database and complete the Yandex linking to your Marin Client Account.
Once your Yandex account is fully linked, we recommend discussing the appropriate URL Builder and Tracking Template settings with your Marin account representative.