You may know TikTok best as the home of the latest viral dance trends, lifehacks, and reaction videos, but TikTok is also home to a rapidly-growing advertising platform that allows marketers to create video ads and target relevant users.
It is estimated that 40% of the users on TikTok are not on the Facebook or Instagram platform, allowing brands to reach an entirely new audience that they may not be reaching with other advertising efforts.
MarinOne offers full support for:
- Bid Optimization
- Linking Wizard
Auction Vs. Reservation
TikTok's Auction ads are supported by MarinOne, but TikTok Reservation ads are not currently available in the TikTok API and are therefore not supported by MarinOne.
TikTok offers five primary ad types:
- In-Feed ads are video ads that are displayed inside the native news feed as users scroll through their "For You" page. They blend in well with the TikTok feed using a full-screen in-feed ad. Users can like, comment, share, and interact with In-Feed ads.
- Brand Takeover ads are launched as soon as users open the TikTok app and take over the screen for a few seconds, before taking users to an In-Feed video ad. These ads also show up on the "For You" page as still images, videos, or GIFs with clickable links that lead to a landing page. Brand Takeover ads are effective for driving brand awareness and sales.
- Top View ads are similar to Brand Takeover ads, but they do not cover the screen as soon as users open the app. They occupy the first in-feed post after three seconds, then show up to 60 seconds of full-screen video and auto-play with sound in order to increase brand exposure.
- Branded Hashtag ads ask users to take video of themselves performing a new dance or interacting with a specific product, then post the video with a defined hashtak. These ads show up at the top of the discovery page. When a user clicks one of the hashtags, it leads to a landing page and a collection of other videos from the same hashtag challenge. Hashtag challenges encourage engagement and help build brand awareness.
- Branded Effects ads allow marketers to create an ad with their own custom filter. This ad can last for up to 10 days and enables users to engage with your brand.
We have plans to add campaign management functionality to our TikTok support in the near future, so be sure to check back for updates!
If you would like to learn how to add TikTok support to your MarinOne client account, please reach out to a platform representative.