Marin Social provides Twitter and Facebook support for managing auto-boost rules. Adding this support will help marketers achieve the following objectives:
- Automate content promotion based on engagement stats.
- Improve average engagement performance for promoted posts/tweets.
- Minimize budget spend by pausing low engaging promoted posts/tweets.
To learn more about Marin Social's Message Booster, check out our dedicated article.
How To Manage Rules
Social media marketers can now quickly identify the top performing engagement metrics to help drive informed decisions on managing their promoted posts/tweets.
Follow the steps below to create an auto-boost rule for your Twitter promoted tweets or Facebook posts:
- Name: Provide a name for your rule.
- Specify a time duration for your posts/tweets to be scanned and make changes according to the conditions defined.
- Specify a condition type which is the engagement metric that should be analyzed to perform an action.
- Specify an action such as creating a promoted post/tweet or pausing a promoted post/tweet when a condition is met.
- Click on Create.
We provide a feed containing all the posts/tweets that can be found on a given page, with the most recent item listed first.
It will only display the most recent items by default, but you can load more posts/tweets in batches of 20 by clicking the Load next 20 messages button at the bottom of the feed.
Description of the metrics are as follows:
- Impressions: Organic post/tweet impressions + Promoted post/tweet timeline impressions
- Clicks: Organic post/tweet url clicks + Promoted post/tweet timeline URL clicks
- Retweets: Organic post/tweet retweets + Promoted tweet timeline retweets
- Follows: Organic post/tweet follows + Promoted post/tweet timeline follows
- Favorites: Organic post/tweet favorites + Promoted post/tweet timeline favorites
Top Post/Top Tweets Metrics
We calculate these metrics based on the last X posts, where X is dependent on what you have selected in the drop-down above the grid. Here you can choose the last 50, 100, 150, or 200 posts or tweets.
This excludes posts older than one year. Here, all types of posts/tweets are included, both organic and unpublished.
For example, for the Top 10% metric, Marin Social will use a sum of top 10% post impressions divided by the number of top 10% posts.
You can also enable the Custom Scheduling option in the Message Booster, which will display a timetable you can use to decide exactly when to boost your messaging.
Twitter support of managed rules for message booster is a powerful tool to improve the engagement performance of your promoted posts/tweets campaigns.