Google campaigns, Yahoo! campaigns, and Microsoft groups have a Network setting that determines where creatives will be displayed.
The three options are:
- Search: The search engine results page.
- Search Partners: The search engine results page of other publishers such as AOL and Ask.
- Display or Content: The syndicated group of contextual publisher websites.
Network contains two campaign settings: Campaign Type (Search or Display) and Distribution (Search Partners, Display Select).
It is important to set the Campaign Type of any new campaigns correctly, as Google will not allow you to amend this once the campaign has been created.
- Search only
- Search and Search Partners (default setting)
- Search and Display Select
- Search, Search Partners and Display Select
- Display only
How To Change The Google 'Network' Setting In Bulk
Values have synonyms that can make uploads easier:
- Search = Search Only
- Partners = Search Partners = Search Network = Partner Network
- Display = Display Select = Content = Content Network = Display Network
- Multiple networks/distributions can be separated by a comma.
- If not specified when creating a new campaign, campaigns will be opted into Search and Search Partners by default.
|Create Display campaign||new campaign||Display|
|Opt-in Display Select||existing campaign||Search, Partners, Display|
|Opt-out Search Partners||existing campaign||Search|
|Create campaign targeting Search with Display Select||campaign2||Search, Display|
|Update campaign to Search and Search Partners only||campaign2||Search, Partners|
Note: Creating a new campaign with the network Display Select will create a Display only campaign since this is a synonym. To create a Search with Display Select campaign you should enter "search, display select".
Yahoo! Campaigns And Microsoft Groups
Yahoo! campaigns can be opted in or out of the Search or Content networks. Microsoft groups can be opted in or out of the Search, Search Partner, or Content networks.
To set the Network value in bulk, simply follow these guidelines:
- Valid options for Microsoft: Search, Search Network, Content
- Valid options for Yahoo!: Search, Content
Note: Multiple networks/distributions can be separated by a comma.