You have the choice of setting start and/or end dates for Google campaigns only and Microsoft groups only.
This is useful if you want a group or campaign to start automatically running at the beginning of a holiday or promotion. You can stop running after the holiday or promotion.
When you select an end date, your campaign will end on that date at 11:59 PM, in the time zone you have chosen for your account.
Below we'll explain how to set start and end dates in the application for each publisher.
Setting Up Start And End Dates For Google
From the bulk add/edit campaign page, using the “Start Date” and “End Date" columns.
From the campaign settings page.
Please note: Google campaign End Dates can be brought in as a column under View Builder.
Setting Up Start And End Dates For Microsoft
Select the groups under the Groups tab (filtering by Microsoft), click on Edit, and choose “End Date” in the drop down (only End Date is available by multi-edit).
From the bulk add/edit groups page using the “Start Date” and “End Date" columns.
From the group settings page.
Error: An ad group that has expired cannot be updated.
Error: The operation is not valid for an ad group that is expired.
Error: Error Operation not allowed on a campaign whose serving status has ended
This error occurs when trying to add or edit Microsoft keywords whose group has reached its End Date.
How To Fix The Issue
You may find that your campaigns are in sync error status after attempting to edit the campaign. If this is the case, you will need to follow these easy steps to perform a manual sync:
- Go to Accounts > Publishers tab
- Click on Manage Accounts > Linked Accounts > View > Campaigns
- Select the Campaign in question and click on the Sync button
- A campaign's status will always override its start and end date settings. For example, if you upload a campaign in the PAUSED status with a start date of next week, this will not actually go live. You would need to upload in the ACTIVE status for the start and end dates to take effect.
- Editing a Start Date can only be done through Bulk edit, not single edit.
- Once you set a start date, you can edit that date any time until your campaign begins. After the start date has passed, it's no longer possible to edit that date.