You may see this message in the Bulk Add/Edit Keywords screen when processing a bulk upload of keywords.
"Submitted bulk input contains no valid lines. Please fill in data for all required fields"
What Causes The Issue?
This problem is most commonly caused by one of the following reasons:
- Having rows of invalid or unrecognized column values in the uploaded keywords.
- Including unrecognized special characters in any of your fields (for example '$').
- All lines are invalid (for example, you enter symbols in a column which requires only numbers such as "search bid").
- Your platform locale setting is different from the locale setting of the platform account you are uploading keywords into. Whether the platform uses a point or a comma as a decimal separator is determined by the locale setting, and not matching locale settings results in this issue.
- Invalid URLs. For example, not including either "http://" or "https://" in front of them. If either of these is missing on the loaded URLs, then you will encounter this error message.
How To Fix The Issue
To fix the problem, follow these simple steps:
- Check the bulk sheet to ensure all necessary columns (Account, Campaign, Group, Keyword) are present and correctly named.
- Make sure you have valid information in each column (i.e. that the Account name values match with the account names in the platform) and that the necessary columns are not blank. Also ensure that there are no spaces within the URLs you are loading. If you have any special characters in your bulk sheet, please remove them.
- If you are loading URLs in the bulk sheet and have included "http", you may have loaded this with one forward slash (i.e.
http:/www.example.com) instead of two forward slashes (i.e.
http://www.example.com). Please make sure you load URLs with "http" to include two forward slashes.
- Proceed to upload the bulk sheet.
- If the issue is not solved by following the steps above, you may need to check if the account is linked to the platform.
- Include only necessary columns and columns to be edited in your bulk sheet, which prevents errors.