Our application can be configured to concatenate multiple parameters to formulate a unique keyword ID.
How To Set Up Multiple Parameters
In this example URL, the keyword ID is X1234GHP, the combination of the id and src parameters:
- Go to the Tracking ID Settings page (Admin > Revenue & Tracking > Tracking IDs).
- Enter the id as the first parameter.
- Click the Add/Remove Parameter button to add another row.
- Enter src as the second parameter. Check the Concatenate with next checkbox to indicate that the tracking ID will come from both parameters.
- (Optional) You can specify a character to be inserted between the two parameter values when the IDs are extracted by entering it in the Revenue Upload Delimiter. Leave the box blank if you do not wish to have a character inserted between the values.
- Test Keyword ID settings on an actual URL.
- Both parameters are required. If a keyword does not have both a Keyword ID will not be created.
- If the Concatenate with next checkbox is not selected, our application will look for any of the parameters as the Tracking ID, but they will not be combined into a single value. This is useful if you have multiple URL formats with different parameter names.
- Revenue upload must use the same concatenation format, including the concatenation character.