Quicklinks are an Ad Extension supported by Yahoo! Japan which can be used to include extra links below your text ads. Much like their natural search counterparts, they can drive clicks to deep content on your website. This article will explain how you can create, edit and delete your Quicklinks via the platform’s bulk upload functionality.
On the Ad Extensions sub-tab, you'll see an Export button. Filter for Yahoo! Japan, and then this can be used to export all Quicklinks for Yahoo! Japan. This report will appear in the completed reports tab and be named Yahoo Japan Sitelinks Export. (Similar to Creative reports, sitelink ID is automatically included).
In the export, sitelinks that are no longer linked to any campaigns appear without a value in the Campaigns column. A sitelink cannot be edited unless it is linked to at least one campaign.
How To Manage Sitelinks In Bulk
Here are the key points to remember when working with sitelinks in bulk:
- Bulk rows without a sitelink ID will create a sitelink.
- Bulk rows with a sitelink ID will edit a sitelink.
- Account, Campaign, Sitelink ID are the required columns to share a sitelink with another Campaign.
- Edit a shared sitelink by uploading the ID once, rather than for every campaign it is linked to.
You can learn about how to prepare and upload a bulk sheet by reading our Bulk Uploads article.
Note: Currently, sitelinks bulk files must be for Yahoo! Japan.
Similar to the behavior of bulk creatives, Sitelink ID needs to be included in the bulk sheet to edit an existing sitelink. Rows without a sitelink ID will create a new sitelink in that campaign.
|Account||Campaign||Sitelink ID||Link Text||Destination URL||Status|
|Create||Account1||Campaign1||Special Offer Text||http://www.powpowsp…|
|Edit (Text)||Account1||Campaign1||9876543||New Offer Text|
|Delete||Account1||Campaign1||7654321||Delete or Deleted|
Specific Sitelink Settings For Yahoo! Japan
The following optional bulk columns are supported for Yahoo! Japan Quicklinks:
- Start Date: A date in the future or NULL to remove an existing date.
- End Date: A date after the Start Date or NULL to remove an existing date.
- Device Preference: Mobile or All (Mobile Preferred and None also accepted).
You can add, remove and edit group-level sitelinks in bulk in much the same way as you would for campaigns.
To manage group-level sitelinks, simply follow the process in the How to Manage Sitelinks in Bulk section above, but also include the Groups column as part of your bulk file.
When working with group-level sitelinks, please bear the following notes in mind:
- If a group is using campaign-level sitelinks and you navigate to the Ad Extensions tab within the group, you may see a message stating, "This group is currently using Campaign Level sitelinks. Click Here to edit". This message will take you to the campaign bulk page so that you can bulk edit the sitelinks for this group.
- Group-level sitelinks can only be edited in bulk. The single view within the grid is for viewing only.
- The Create Report button that generates the report of all existing sitelinks will automatically include the Group column. The report is the same when generated from either the Campaigns tab or the Groups tab.
Linking Sitelinks To Campaigns
Uploading Account, Campaign, Sitelink ID is all that is required to link or share an existing sitelink with another campaign. However, Yahoo! Japan only allows a campaign to be linked to a single Publisher Feed, therefore you cannot link sitelinks from different Publisher Feeds to a campaign. The Publisher Feed column can be ignored if you only have one feed per account.
For Microsoft, it is not possible to link or share a single sitelink via bulk. The entire Ad Extension needs to be shared via the Ad Extensions sub-tab in the interface.
Editing Shared Sitelinks
Any sitelinks that are shared across campaigns will appear in the sitelinks reports multiple times to highlight the sitelink’s relationship with each campaign.
If you are editing shared sitelinks, each sitelink ID only needs to be included in the bulk file once. Any changes to a shared sitelink will automatically be reflected in all the campaigns sharing it.
Deleting And Unlinking Sitelinks
To delete a sitelink from a campaign, the Sitelink ID column needs to be included and a Status column with the value Delete in the relevant row.
For shared sitelinks, deleting will remove the sitelink from that campaign, but it will remain linked to any other campaigns (it also remains available in the feed to be linked to a campaign at a later date).
You can upload sitelink files via FTP using the following naming conventions:
- sitelink_FILENAME.txt or sitelinkHeld_FILENAME.txt
For more information, please read our Help article.
Tracking Sitelink Conversions
If the URL Builder is set up to build sitelink URLs, then any URLs uploaded in bulk will automatically have tracking parameters appended. For more information, please read our Help article.
- The first sitelink in an account needs to be created in Yahoo! Japan.
- You cannot edit single-edit sitelinks, they need to be edited via bulk edit.
- You cannot change the device targeting from Mobile to All, because of the API limitation.
- There is a known issue regarding duplicate sitelinks. Please read our Help article on the topic for more information.
- When using Chrome, you can only attached a Unicode text file of the sitelinks to bulk upload. For other browsers (ie. Firefox), you can attach a Unicode text file or paste the sitelinks into the text box for bulk upload.