What Is The Issue?
After importing objects in Marin Social, you may encounter this unsupported error message at the ad set level:
Note: When this happens, you will not be able to edit the targeting of an object.
What Causes The Issue?
This error occurs when the Inventory Filter, Full Inventory or Limited Inventory has been selected within the Ad Manager. Currently, Marin Social does not support this option.
How To Fix The Issue
If you wish to edit your targeting options from Marin Social, simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Facebook Ads Manager.
- Select the ad set impacted by this unsupported message and click Edit.
- Select Standard Inventory.
- Return to Marin Social and select the relevant campaign.
- Lastly, click the Download from Publisher button in the menu bar.
IMPORTANT: Using the Download from Publisher button will hard code any dynamic macros in the URL. The dynamic macro will, therefore, stop being dynamic. If you duplicate an ad with hard coded macros without reapplying the dynamic macro, the ad will keep the value of the original ad. This is expected behavior.