This error message appears when using the bulk add/edit function and the file is not recognized as a Unicode Text (*.txt) or CSV (*.csv) format.
Activity Log Error: The file must be in Unicode Text Format (*.txt) or CSV format (*.csv) Please change the format and resubmit.
Why Does This Issue Occurred?
This error occurs when the application cannot process bulk upload files in formats other than Unicode Text and CSV.
How To Fix The Issue
Steps for transforming the bulk sheet file format to an acceptable format for upload in the application.
- Open your bulk sheet in Excel.
- Click Save As.
- Select a folder that you will easily remember where to retrieve your file.
- Name your file.
- In the drop down menu underneath the filename field, select Unicode Text or CSV (Comma Delimited). Unicode Text is recommended.
- Click Save. Large files may also be compressed as a *.zip file after saving as a Unicode Text or CSV file.
- In the application, click on the appropriate Bulk Add/Edit link and upload the file.
You should now be able to submit and process your bulk upload sheet without any Activity Log error.