The following table outlines support from major publishers for language targeting:
The application offers full access to search engine language targeting capabilities provided by each publisher. These settings control which searchers can view your ads.
- For Google, the targets are set at the campaign level.
- For Microsoft, these targets are set at the group level and cannot be changed once set. Yahoo does not support language targeting.
Language targeting can be accessed in two ways:
- From the campaign (Google) or group ( Microsoft) settings page
- Via multi-edit
Note: Microsoft language targeting can only be controlled when creating a Microsoft group. Once the group is sent to the engine, the language cannot be changed.
Note: If no language targets are selected, ads will target all languages.
How To Change Language Targeting
From The Settings Page:
From the campaign (Google) and group ( Microsoft) settings page, click the Language Targeting button.
Once on the Language Targeting page, you can set which languages you’d like to target. To select a target, select an available language and click the Target button. The newly added target will move to the Target list.
If you need to change language targets for a number of Google campaigns, you can also access language targeting via the multi-edit interface.
- Check the objects you want to affect and click Edit.
- In the Edit bubble, select Language Targeting.
- Select languages to target.
- Click Save.