You can use Ad Serving (Ad Rotation) options within Google Ads (and the platform) to decide how you'd like your ads to show. Having this kind of control over ad rotation can help you optimize your campaign performance for the best possible return on investment.
Just like Google Ads, our platform allows you to either Optimize or Do Not Optimize depending on your business needs.
Ad Rotation Options
Let’s look at each of the ad serving options in more detail. Note: You can also defer to the campaign-level setting when updating ad rotation at the group level.
- Optimize: This option allows you to prioritize the best-performing ads in your campaign. Google will use machine learning to identify the top performers within your ads, then serve them preferentially.
Do Not Optimize: This option will disregard performance and instead show both low- and high-performing ads evenly.
How To Change Ad Serving Options
There are a couple of different ways you can update your ad serving options: single-edit or multi-edit at the group level. Here's how to carry out each one:
To make changes to your ad rotation options in single-edit mode, just follow these steps:
- Navigate to Accounts > Groups in the left-hand navigation.
- Hover over the desired group until the three dots icon appears, then select Settings from the drop-down. This will open the corresponding settings in Marin Search.
- In the Ad Serving section, you'll be able to select one of the options described above, either Optimize or Do Not Optimize.
Note: The multi-edit option for ad rotation is not yet available in Marin, but we'll walk you through how to navigate to Marin Search.
- From Marin, locate the Switcher in the top-right and select Access Marin Search.
- Once you're in Marin Search, click on the Groups.
- Next, use the checkboxes in the grid to select the appropriate group(s) for which you'd like to make the changes.
- Click the Edit ('pencil' icon) button above the grid and a pop-up bubble should appear.
- In the drop-down menu, select Ad Serving. You'll now see the ad rotation options and can use the radio buttons to select either Optimize or Do Not Optimize.
- Click Save and you're all done!