ETAs are designed to maximize your brand's presence whenever your ad is served to a user. The key change with ETAs is an increase of nearly 50% in the amount of ad text you're able to include in your ad. You're able to make use of a longer two-part headline, as well as an increased ad description length. Finally, you'll be able to customize two new 'ad fields' which replace the old display URL.
In this article, we'll outline the Marin platform support for Google ETAs. For a more high-level introduction to Google ETAs, please read our dedicated help center article.
Below we'll break down platform Support for Google ETAs into the various categories.
- ETAs that were created in Google Ads and are actively serving in Google Ads will automatically be synced into Marin.
- Paused ETAs and ETAs with no ad spend can be brought into Marin by syncing the group or campaign that contain the ETAs
Bulk Creation For ETAs
- ETAs are treated by Google and Marin as a new ad type named Expanded Text
- New bulk headers have been added to support the creation of ETAs
- [Creative Type] - Required for ETAs
- [Headline 2] - Required for ETAs
- [Display URL Nav 1] - Optional (this field is called "Path 1" in Google)
- [Display URL Nav 2] - Optional (this field is called "Path 2" in Google)
- Below is an example bulksheet that could be used for the creation of Google ETAs:
|Account||Campaign||Group||Creative Type||Headline||Headline 2||Description||Landing Page||Display URL Nav 1||Display URL Nav 2|
|Example Account||Example Campaign||Example Group||Expanded Text||Example Headline 1||Example Headline 2||This is my new description||https://www.examplepage.com||Clothing|
Single Create And Edit
To create a single ETA, simply navigate to the Creatives grid and click the 'plus' button above the grid. In the creative type dropdown, select Expanded Text to display the ETA fields. Editing a single ETA works in much the same way.
Creating a single Expanded Text Ad
Expanded Text Ads By The Numbers
Now that you're up-to-date on Marin's support for ETAs, let's take a look at the character counts:
- Headline 1: 30 characters
- Headline 2: 30 characters
- Path: 15 characters per field
- Description: 90 characters total