When syncing objects in the Marin Social platform, you may encounter the following sync error:
An unknown error occurred. (123*) (1234567*)
* The numbers in parentheses will differ.
What Causes The Issue?
This error message occurs as Facebook does not allow the use of multiple geo-targeting locations with radiuses.
How To Fix The Issue
To fix the issue, you'll need to follow the steps below.
- Connect to the Media Plan.
- Click on the campaign name.
- Click on the ad set name.
- Sync the ads one by one by selecting the ad and clicking on the blue Sync to the Publisher button.
- Repeat step 4 on all remaining ad sets in the campaign.
- Go back to the Ad Set level and sync the ad set one by one by selecting the ad sets and clicking on the blue Sync to the Publisher button.
- Go to the Campaign level, select the campaign, and sync it by clicking on the blue Sync to the Publisher button.
If the issue still persists, you can split the ads into multiple ads and segment the geo-targeting. For more information on Facebook ad targeting, please refer to the Facebook Ad Targeting Overview.