When syncing objects in the Marin Social platform, you may encounter the following sync error:
Invalid parameter : Promoted Object Invalid : The promoted object you have specified has an invalid combination of parameters. Please refer to the documentation. (123*) (1234567*)
* The numbers in parentheses will differ depending on the Promoted Object.
What Causes The Issue?
This error message means that the Promoted Object (the pixel event) has not been properly selected during the creation of the ads. The Promoted Object defines for which Pixel Event Facebook needs to optimize the campaign.
How To Fix The Issue
To fix the issue, you'll need to select the Promoted Object. You can do that by following the steps below.
- Select the campaign.
- Access the ad set level.
- Access the ad level.
- Select the ad and click on the Mass Editor.
- Click on Promoted Object.
- In the Promoted Object Name pop-up window, find the correct pixel event from the drop-down menu. Unselect it and select it again. Click on Ad to save your changes.
- Go back to the campaign and sync it by selecting the campaign and clicking on the blue Sync to the Publisher button.