There are a few general steps to take if you'd like to use Marin Tracker as your revenue integration. Below are some starting steps for a general account.
Note: The instructions outlined in this article are primarily intended for use with Marin, however there is one step that will route you to Marin Search. To access Marin Search, use the switcher in the top-right of Marin and select Access Marin Search.
How To Switch To Marin Tracker
To make the switch to Marin Tracker, follow these steps:
- You need to make sure Publisher Tracking is turned off on all your accounts:
- Go to the Publishers tab, then click Manage Accounts. This will open the Linking Wizard.
- Once in the Linking Wizard, select a publisher account. For that publisher account's Settings tab, under the Publisher Data section, select No Revenue or Conversion Data. Click Save to finalize your changes.
- Repeat this for the other publisher accounts. Once this has been completed for all publishers, click Finish to close the Linking Wizard.
- Set up the URL Builder with tracking parameters, please read our help center article.
- Set up the Tracking IDs settings - see the following Help article for more information on this: How to Set Up Individual Tracking Parameters.
- Tag all keyword/creative URLs, sitelink URLs, and product group URLs with the tracking parameters that were set up in URL Builder. See the following help center article for more information on how to do this via Bulk Upload: How to Tag URLs via Bulk Upload.
- Create at least one conversion type. See the following help center article for more information on this: Setting Up Conversion Types.
- Navigate to Marin Search. Click on the Admin section and select the Revenue Tracking option from the left-hand menu. In the Marin Tracker portion of the page, click on Go to Tracker Setup Page. From this page, click the check-box for Use the Platform Tracking.
Once selected, copy/paste the Tracker Landing Page Code and conversion type code to the pages you want to be tracked. See the following help center article for more information on this: How to Use the Updated Asynchronous platform Tracking Pixel.
The points mentioned above are a few of the basic steps for this transition. If you'd like assistance with your transition, please contact your Marin account representative; they will be able to take a closer look into how this can be set up for your specific account.