Amazon Demand-Side platform (DSP) is a tool that provides automated, centralized media buying from multiple sources. It enables advertisers to reach audiences across the web on Amazon sites and apps as well as through Amazon’s publishing partners and third-party exchanges by programmatically buying ad spaces.
Amazon DSP is recommended for advertisers who want to buy display, video, and audio ads at scale, even for those who don’t sell products on Amazon. Similar to Amazon Sponsored Display, DSP ads can be displayed on and off Amazon.
- Marin offers comprehensive reporting across all Amazon Media: DSP (display, video, and audio) and sponsored ads (Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, Sponsored Display) with all key metrics
- Harness the full power of Marin Reporting on DSP accounts and campaigns
- Marin offers unlimited data retention, unlike Amazon's 90-day limit
Amazon DSP is currently available on the MarinOne ecommerce module.
Comparison With Amazon Sponsored Display
Click on the image to review it in more detail.
In Amazon, DSP accounts have the following hierarchy:
- Account ==> Advertisers ==> Campaign/Orders ==> Groups/Lineitems ==> Creatives
All Amazon publisher accounts will be found under the Amazon publisher in Marin, including:
- Amazon DSP publisher accounts
- Amazon Vendor/Seller publisher accounts
- Amazon Attribution publisher accounts.
Amazon DSP publisher accounts in Marin have the following structure after being linked in:
|Object-level||Relationship||MarinOne UI Grid||Notes|
|Account / Publisher Account||-||Publishers||
|Advertisers||Child of Account||Publishers||
|Campaigns||Child of Advertiser||Campaigns||Known as Orders in Amazon|
|Groups||Child of Campaigns||Groups||Known as Line items in Amazon|
|Creatives||Child of Groups||Ads||
Types Of Amazon DSP Accounts
Amazon DSP accounts can be of two types: Self-service or Managed-service.
Managed-service DSP accounts are not yet supported in the Amazon DSP API, hence Marin cannot link/sync them. Only Self-service Amazon DSP accounts can be linked in Marin for now. You will be able to identify the Managed-service DSP accounts by the prefix "SS -" in the name.
When you link Amazon DSP accounts in Marin using the instructions in the next section, if the managed-service DSP accounts are accessible by the same credentials as self-service DSP accounts, they can still get linked into Marin (due to a limitation from the Amazon side) as a part of linking process. Please ask your Marin representative to unlink those to prevent confusion.
How To Link Amazon DSP Accounts In MarinOne?
If your Amazon DSP accounts are accessible using the same credentials as your Amazon Seller/Vendor accounts, and either of those Amazon Seller/Vendor accounts are already linked into Marin, you don't need to take any extra steps to link your Amazon DSP accounts (and advertisers) and sync Amazon DSP campaigns/orders into Marin. Just reach out to your Marin representative and we will do it for you.
If your Amazon DSP accounts have different credentials than your Amazon Seller/Vendor accounts, or you don't manage any Amazon Seller/Vendor accounts, please follow these steps to link your Amazon DSP accounts (and advertisers) and sync Amazon DSP campaigns/orders in Marin:
- First, log into MarinOne and click into the E-Commerce module ('shopping cart' icon) in the left-hand navigation.
- Next, click on the Publishers tab in the top navigation.
- Click Manage Accounts above the grid to launch the Linking Wizard.
- When the Linking Wizard appears, click the Add Publisher Account button in the lower-left corner.
- To add your Amazon DSP account, select Amazon from the list of publishers (just like you would to add your Amazon Seller/Vendor account).
- In the right pane of the Linking Wizard, you should now see a field: Nickname.
To add your account successfully, you'll need to fill in this field. Simply enter the name you'd like to use for your DSP account (for example, "PowPowSports Amazon DSP 1").
Your actual credentials will be entered in the next step.
- In the next step, you'll enter your credentials. Please note that all of the Amazon DSP accounts and advertisers accessible by thos credentials will be linked into Marin.
- The nickname will only be applied to the first Amazon DSP account returned from Amazon.
- The rest of your Amazon DSP accounts (if any) will have a name in the format: "Amazon DSP - <countryCode> - <name of account>".
- The advertisers underneath each of the Amazon DSP accounts will also be linked and displayed in the list of accounts. You can identify them by the name of the format: "Amazon DSP Adv. - <countryCode> - <name of advertiser>".
- Before you leave this screen, click Linking Settings to see a couple of advanced options.
- Link all campaigns in this account will link all existing Amazon DSP campaigns/orders underneath each of the Amazon DSP advertisers.
- Auto link new campaigns will automatically bring any future campaigns/orders you create on the Amazon DSP platform (within the linked DSP advertisers) into the Marin platform.
- Click +Add Account and you'll be taken to amazon.com (or amazon.co.uk or the Amazon domain specific to your location) to enter your Amazon DSP credentials and complete the connection between Marin and Amazon. You may need to click the Allow button to continue if you are already logged in.
Note: As mentioned earlier, if your credentials have access to multiple Amazon DSP accounts, all of these will be linked to Marin at the same time.
- Once connected via your Amazon credentials, you'll be brought back to the Linking Wizard in MarinOne with your Amazon DSP account(s) now successfully linked.
- If your Amazon credentials have access to multiple Amazon advertising accounts, they will all now be linked into Marin. The Nickname you provided would be applied to the first account (from the list of accounts provided by Amazon), with the remaining accounts having this naming convention applied: Amazon DSP - <countryCode> - <name of account>.
- Additionally, all of the advertisers under each of your Amazon DSP accounts will now be linked into Marin along with the accounts. In the Linking Wizard, they will be visible in the same list as the accounts and can be identified by the following naming convention: Amazon DSP Adv. - <countryCode> - <name of advertiser>.
- If you chose to do so earlier, your campaigns/order under each advertiser will now be linked and begin populating the platform with data. If not, you can click your new Amazon DSP advertiser in the Linking Wizard, then go to the Campaigns sub-tab to start linking your campaigns/orders manually.
- There are 2 more sub-tabs ('Brands & Logos' and 'Store Pages') to give more information about Amazon account, which are relevant for Vendor/Seller accounts. These can be ignored for Amazon DSP accounts and advertisers.
- Finally, click Finished within the Linking Wizard, to start using the grids to see all the DSP objects and their performance.
Campaigns / Orders
|Column/Field on Amazon||MarinOne Column name in 'Campaigns' grid within eCommerce module||Expected Value(s)|
|Order ID||Pub. ID|
|Budget Type||Budget Type||UNCAPPED
|Status||Serving Status||Campaign Active
Ready To Deliver
Campaign Out of Budget
Line Items Not Running
|Frequency type||Freq. Type||Uncapped
|Max Impressions (Show no more than __ times)||Max Impressions|
|Frequency Unit (per __)||Freq. Unit|
|Frequency Count||Freq. Count||DAYS
|Strategy||Publisher Bidding Strategy||Spend budget in full
|Product Location||Product Location||Product sold on Amazon
Not sold on Amazon
Engagement with my ad
Considerations on Amazon
Purchases on Amazon
Conversions off Amazon
Mobile App Installs
|Goal KPI||Publisher Goal KPI||Click-through rate (CTR)
Cost per click (CPC)
Cost per action (CPA)
Cost per download
Detail page view rate (DPVR)
Cost per detail page view (CPDPV)
Return on ad spend (ROAS)
Total return on ad spend (Total ROAS)
Video completion rate (VCR)
Cost per video completion (CPVC)
|Automated Optimizations||Auto Optimizations||BUDGET
Groups / Line Items
|Column/Field on Amazon||MarinOne Column name in 'Groups' grid within eCommerce module||Expected Value(s)|
|Line item ID||Pub. ID|
|Status||Serving Status||Ad Group Active
Ad Group Paused
Ready To Deliver
Ad Group Out of Budget
Creatives Not Running
|Base supply bid||Search Bid|
|Column/Field on Amazon||MarinOne Column name in 'Ads' grid within eCommerce module||Expected Value(s)|
Image - mobile AAP
Image - mobile O&O
Third party - video
Third party - mobile AAP
Dynamic eCommerce - mobile AAP
Dynamic eCommerce - mobile O&O
Video Creative Builder
Metrics relevant to Amazon DSP are displayed in your Marin account (MarinOne client) under following:
- eCommerce module ==> Campaigns / Groups / Ads grid ==> Column Selector ==> Conversion Types
- Since the list of Amazon DSP metrics is quite large, the intelligence in the system displays them only when there is an Amazon publisher account linked in the Marin account.
- The metrics used for other Amazon account or campaign types are displayed in Search module as well.
[Abbreviations below: SP = Amazon Sponsored Products, SB = Amazon Sponsored Brands, SD = Amazon Sponsored Display, AA = Amazon Attribution]
|Metric / Conversion Type name||Notes / Also used for other Amazon account or campaign types|
|1 Day||SP and SD|
|7 Day||SP and SD|
|14 Day||SP, SB, SD and AA|
|14 Day (click-through)|
|14 Day (view-through)|
|Total 14 Day|
|Total 14 Day (click-through)|
|Total 14 Day (view-through)|
|30 Day||SP and SD|
|1 Day Same SKU||SP and SD|
|7 Day Same SKU||SP and SD|
|14 Day Same SKU||SP, SB and SD|
|30 Day Same SKU||SP and SD|
|1 Day Units Ordered||SP and SD|
|1 Day Units Ordered Same SKU||SP|
|7 Day Units Ordered||SP and SD|
|7 Day Units Ordered Same SKU||SP|
|14 Day Units Ordered||SP and SD|
|Total 14 Day Units Ordered||AA|
|14 Day Units Ordered Same SKU||SP|
|30 Day Units Ordered||SP and SD|
|30 Day Units Ordered Same SKU||SP|
|New To Brand||SB and SD|
|New To Brand (click-through)|
|New To Brand (view-through)|
|Total New To Brand|
|Total New To Brand (click-through)|
|Total New To Brand (view-through)|
|New To Brand Units Ordered||SB and SD|
|Total New To Brand Units Ordered|
|Detail Page Views||SB|
|Detail Page Views (click-through)||SB and AA|
|Detail Page Views (view-through)|
|Total Detail Page Views|
|Total Detail Page Views (click-through)||AA|
|Total Detail Page Views (view-through)|
|Add to Cart|
|Add to Cart (click-through)||AA|
|Add to Cart (view-through)|
|Total Add to Cart|
|Total Add to Cart (click-through)||AA|
|Total Add to Cart (view-through)|
|Subscribe & Save|
|Subscribe & Save (view-through)|
|Subscribe & Save (click-through)|
|Banner Interaction (click-through)|
|Banner Interaction (view-through)|
|Brand Store Engagement|
|Brand Store Engagement (click-through)|
|Brand Store Engagement (view-through)|
|Click On Redirect|
|Click On Redirect (click-through)|
|Click On Redirect (view-through)|
|Email Interaction (click-through)|
|Email Interaction (view-through)|
|Email Load (click-through)|
|Email Load (view-through)|
|Game Interaction (click-through)|
|Game Interaction (view-through)|
|Game Load (click-through)|
|Game Load (view-through)|
|Homepage Visit (click-through)|
|Homepage Visit (view-through)|
|Marketing Landing Page|
|Marketing Landing Page (click-through)|
|Marketing Landing Page (view-through)|
|Mobile App First Starts|
|Mobile App First Starts (click-through)|
|Mobile App First Starts (view-through)|
|Product Purchased (click-through)|
|Product Purchased (view-through)|
|Purchase Button (click-through)|
|Purchase Button (view-through)|
|Registration Confirm Page|
|Registration Confirm Page (click-through)|
|Registration Confirm Page (view-through)|
|Registration Form (click-through)|
|Registration Form (view-through)|
|Sign Up Button|
|Sign Up Button (click-through)|
|Sign Up Button (view-through)|
|Sign Up Page|
|Sign Up Page (click-through)|
|Sign Up Page (view-through)|
|Store Locator Page|
|Store Locator Page (click-through)|
|Store Locator Page (view-through)|
|Submit Button (click-through)|
|Submit Button (view-through)|
|Subscription Button (click-through)|
|Subscription Button (view-through)|
|Subscription Page (click-through)|
|Subscription Page (view-through)|
|Success Page (click-through)|
|Success Page (view-through)|
|Survey Finish (click-through)|
|Survey Finish (view-through)|
|Survey Start (click-through)|
|Survey Start (view-through)|
|Thank You Page|
|Thank You Page (click-through)|
|Thank You Page (view-through)|
|Total Pixel (click-through)|
|Total Pixel (view-through)|
|Video First Quartile|
|Video Streams (click-through)|
|Video Streams (view-through)|
|Video Third Quartile|
|Widget Interaction (click-through)|
|Widget Interaction (view-through)|
|Widget Load (click-through)|
|Widget Load (view-through)|
Note: These are around 140 important metrics. There are 100+ more metrics that could be supported quickly. If you require any metric that's not listed here, please let your Marin representative know.