The Amazon "Buy Box" is the top-right section of a product page where customers can directly add items to their shopping carts. In cases where multiple sellers offer the same product on Amazon, they must compete to “win the Buy Box.”
Over 80% of Amazon website sales today go through the Buy Box, making it a critical aspect of successful advertising on Amazon. Having visibility into the Buy Box status of your products makes it easy to monitor for products that may be sources of lost revenue and sales opportunities.
MarinOne is able to show you when Amazon products are falling out of the Buy Box using a specific column – Amazon Serving Status – available in the Ads tab from either the Ecommerce or Search modules.
In order to monitor the status of your Buy Box for your Amazon products (ASINs) in MarinOne, you can simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Ads tab. This is accessible from either the Ecommerce or Search module.
- Open the Column Selector and start typing Amazon Serving Status into the Search bar. You can then add the relevant column to your grid.
- Using MarinOne's standard filtering tools, you can then filter for Amazon Serving Status column equals Not in Buybox to find products that are not currently winning the Buy Box.
- We strongly recommend that you save this specific view (using your Saved Views) so you can check it anytime. It's also a good idea to create a recurring report (or alert) using MarinOne's reporting tools. Doing this will ensure you're always updated on the status of your Buy Boxes and can take action immediately.
- Buy Box Eligibility is currently shown for Sponsored Products only
- In addition to Buy Box eligibility, there are various other product statuses that you may find useful. Below is a list of the possible statuses for the Amazon Serving Status column, along with what they mean.
Note: From time to time, Amazon will send status values that are not included in this list, such as 'Ineligible'. Once our team has been provided with definitions for these statuses, we'll update this list.
|Ad Status Live||Ad’s status is Enabled.|
|Ad Paused||Ad’s status is Paused.|
|Ad Archived||Ad’s status is Archived.|
|Missing Image||Ad offer does not have item decoration, or item decoration doesn’t have a product page.|
|Missing Decoration||Ad is not servable. Please check status in the Amazon Advertising UI (Seller Central/Advertising Console) for additional details.|
|Not Buyable||Ad offer does not have decoration or buyability data.|
|Not in Buybox||Ad offer is not the Buy Box winner.|
|Out of Stock||Ad offer is out of stock.|